Friday, October 15, 2010

Bargain Bath

Our first floor half bathroom was in need of beautification.  For starters I could not stand carpeting in the bathroom, YUCKY and I was not a fan of the apple tree/horse and carriage wallpaper border.  This project needed to be finished quickly and I wanted to keep costs below $100.00.  Here is how I did it:







Shelves above Toilet

Breakdown of project costs:
  • Price Pfister Faucet = $40 EBay (Retails for ~ $140)  Hooray!
  • Wallpaper border placed on top of existing border $15 (including shipping EBay)
  • Light fixture Home Depot = $28
  • 2 door pulls Home Depot Clearance = $5
  • Red paint for vanity & mirror = Free leftover from master bedroom walls
  • picture frames and accessories = Free moved from other parts of the house
  • Linoleum flooring = Free lovely surprise when we pulled out the carpeting
  • Rug = Free from another room in the house
$88 Total = HAPPINESS

2 comments:

  1. Hi lovely lady.
    I love all the pictures on your Blog.your before and after kitchen cabinets,love Addison and Amelia just so sweet looking in the glass dryer in the laudry room {yes pure joy } your dad did a Great job making the Beautiful rocking horse for Olivia new room so sweet
    of him !!!Your home is lovely sweet lady.
    Thanks so much for the lovely comments on my Tablescape for Thanksgiving and for being one of my followers~~Im your newest followers
    and I will come back ! I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas !!!
    from my home to yours.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete