Friday, January 12, 2018

Updated Bookshelves SW Oceanside

Introducing Sherwin Williams 2018 Color of the Year and Color of the Month - January 2018 Oceanside SW 6496



Adding a pop of color is just what these old solid oak bookshelves needed.  The pillow and flowerpot were my inspiration pieces. The Better Homes & Gardens flowerpot was found a few years ago on clearance at Walmart.  The sweater pillow is made from an old turtleneck sweater that I no longer wear.  For a few years I searched for the perfect teal color and as soon as Sherwin Williams announced the 2018 color of the year, I knew I had found exactly what I'd been searching for.
 

To make the details stand out, I added a charcoal grey glaze over the Oceanside in medium luster.  The hardware stayed the same and looks much more elegant against the teal.  Mirrors were custom cut to fit in the back of the bookshelves.  This allows more light to bounce around the room.

I encourage you to be bold in 2018.  Try something that makes your friends and family question your choice.  Many people were shouting NO, don't do it.  After the shelves were finished I have have heard, 'you were right', 'glad you painted them', 'the room looks bigger now'...  so happy that I chose Oceanside!
 

Cheers to the New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I love how the room turned out. Beautiful πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete