Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Mirror on the Front Porch

Decorating my front porch seasonally is a lot of fun!  This year I added a mirror.  It reflects the entire porch and adds a whole new dimension to the boring brick wall.  This mirror was a curbside find.  The stained finish had a water spot on it so I sanded it down and spray painted it black.  It probably took ten minutes total.  I like that it looks like a craftsman window & coordinates with the black distressed bench.




This wooden chair was another curbside find.  It started out half white and half red.  When I got my hands on it, I painted it bubblegum pink for my daughter's room.  Now that we are reworking her room into a tween space, the pink is out (literally out the front door!)  Inspired by the doormat and by the green and teal in this pretty flowerpot, I painted it "Crocodile Smile" - a free sample of Valspar paint that I had.  I like how it turned out, I just would like more contrast.  My hope is to someday replace the grey vertical siding with stacked stone.  Stay tuned (lots of other projects to finish first)



Isn't this little Scare Crow cute?!  My daughter paid $1 for him at a neighbors garage sale.




  Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment